Subject: Re: PVR - hint - syncing
From: [email-masked] (Alan Chan )
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 20:20:27 -0800

You wrote: 
>
>I ran into this problem the other day:
>
>	Laying back some animation at the local post house in a cuts only 
room,
>suddenly my PVR animation started to break up where a lens-flare does 
a complete
>screen wipe out (fade to white).  Since this same animation played 
great at 
>home, what was the problem?
>
>	At the post house I sync the PVR to the one of the 3 vid-outs on 
the 
>back of the Sony PVW 2800.  This works fine, as long as the signal is 
>"reasonable".  However, the flare out probably overmodulated the 
signal.  Since 
>the PVR was looking at it's own signal, it freaked at the 
overmodulation.
>
>	The solution is, of course, sync to black burst.  (BB is not 
available 
>at this suite.)

We've also had problems with outputs with extreme whites (flash-frame 
whites for example) working great on the broadcast monitor, but the 
cheapo TV that your work eventually filters down to will always break 
up at the flashframe. Just something to keep in mind..

AC